Historic Homes to Visit in Washington DC Area
Fall is the perfect time to get out and tour all the regal homes of Washington’s forefathers AND foremothers….
Historic Homes to Visit in and around the Nations Capital, Washington DC.
For more information check Washington DC Historic Homes Consortium
- Woodrow Wilson House in Dupont Circle
- Frederick Douglass’ Home in Anacostia in SE Washington
- The Octagon House in NW Washington now the American Institute of Architects
- Lincoln’s Cottage at the Soldier’s Home in Petworth
- Heurich Mansion (German beer maker) in Foggy Bottom
- Tudor House (Martha Washington’s daughter) in Georgetown
- Mary McLeod Bethune Council House (civil rights activist) near U Street NW
- Blair and Decatur Houses (Colonial era open only for tours) in Lafayette Square near The White House
- Clara Barton House in Glen Echo Park (started the Red Cross)
- Gunston Hall Plantation (George Mason founder of the Bill of Rights)
- Uncle Tom’s Cabin aka Josiah Henson House in North Bethesda MD
- Pope-Leighy House by Frank Lloyd Wright in AlexandriaTop: Inside the Sewall Belmont House, outside Sewall Belmont House, and Decatur House
Musings About the DC Area Top sights in DC Travel Hillwood Historic homes Lincoln Presidents Homes Woodrow Wilson
Travel and Dish View All →
Freelance writer and photographer specializing in vivid, deeply reported stories about food, travel and family.
Leave a Reply